Re: Row values changing back to old values randomly???

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Fri, 27 May 2005 14:26:47 -0700

DG wrote:
> DA Morgan wrote:
>

>>> I am not looking for a culpret, just a solution to the problem we are
>>> having.
>>

>> If you don't have culprit you'll not have a solution.
>>
>> If the DBA won't cooperate then find something else to do with your time.

> Yes, that's probably what I will do. I will install good old PostgreSQL
> and forget about Oracle.
>
> Thanks for your attention,
>
> David

So because someone volunteering their time for free won't do what your DBA is paid to do you are going to change RDBMS products. Do you bring the same level of professionalism to your other endeavours?

The fact that your DBA doesn't consider it worth his or her time gives a good indication of the importance of what you are doing. The fact that you can't talk to your own management gives a pretty good indication of the importance of what you are doing. If they won't give you the time of day why should we? But do remember that PostgreSQL is not Sarbanes-Oxley compiant so use it with care. Otherwise the Feds may have a few questions.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
http://www.psoug.org