Re: Row values changing back to old values randomly???

From: DG <info_at_no-spam-e-resitve.com>
Date: Fri, 27 May 2005 21:16:16 +0200

Rauf Sarwar wrote:

> And what makes you think Oracle is the culprit here when you yourself
> say that the same code works OK in other Oracle installations.
>
> I strongly suspect it's your App Server but to be sure... you can audit
> the tables in question and see who actually is doing the changes.
>
> Regards
> /Rauf

I am not looking for a culpret, just a solution to the problem we are having.

Regarding auditing, this is also something I would like to do, but the DB admin who is in charge is not really helping me much in this area. I couldn't even get a server log of who is changing the tables (I guess this is possible with Oracle). Where does one start with auditing? Can this be done from TOAD?

Well, the customer is using Oracle for a long time but has never installed ODBC before, so I thought there are some well known tricks one must know...

I can not mathematically prove to you that the problem does not lie in our app server, but I am also pretty sure that it is not the app server. But thanks anyway for your answer.

Best regards,

David Received on Fri May 27 2005 - 14:16:16 CDT