Re: INSERT or MULTI INSERT

From: Carlos <miotromailcarlos_at_netscape.net>
Date: 27 May 2005 04:07:26 -0700

>>How do you expect to concatenate a string to a number.

Wrong. Though TO_CHAR() is the right method for such concatenation, Oracle can manage without it:

SQL> create sequence KKSEQ;

Secuencia creada.

SQL> select 'XXXX'||kkseq.nextval from dual;

'XXXX'||KKSEQ.NEXTVAL

XXXX1 SQL> / 'XXXX'||KKSEQ.NEXTVAL

XXXX2 SQL> / 'XXXX'||KKSEQ.NEXTVAL

XXXX3 I hope your pupils cannot read this, Daniel ;-)

Cheers. Received on Fri May 27 2005 - 06:07:26 CDT