Re: Intermittent slow commit - Statspack Vs LogMiner

From: maks <maks70_at_comcast.net>
Date: 26 May 2005 22:17:38 -0700

Your waits events clearly points to I/O problems. Your write takes almost 372ms which is way too high.. Try to get it confirmed from iostat or vxdisk if you're using veritas. With every commit log writer needs to has to perform a write to redologs.

Your observation of .3 seconds/commit i.e. 300msec goes quite well with what statspacks shows.

Hope this helps.

Maks.