Oracle: Accessing Record Fields (dynamically)

From: datDude <alindie_at_gmail.com>
Date: 26 May 2005 15:25:47 -0700

Oracle: Accessing Record Fields (dynamically)

Discussion Item

I'm currently looping through my cursor of records. The fields of the record that i need to access are not known until runtime ie input_rec.event_label is a valid statement to access the value for the input_rec.event_label val.

In my present scenerio event_label is not hardcoded, it's dynamic.

My question:
Is it possible to access a record field value dynamically ie. input_rec.[field_name] where field_name = event_label.

This is my scenerio, I need to access record field values but I wont know which field I need to access until runtime.

If this is possible, someone please let me know Received on Thu May 26 2005 - 17:25:47 CDT