Re: Oracle GL Journal

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 12:56:29 -0700

j.bharj wrote:
> Hi I am new to Oracle and want to get up to speed, Please any advice
> suggestions and or sample
> would be greatefully recived. Please point to the right web site (any free
> learning sites)
> kind regards Jack

http://otn.oracle.com ... download Oracle or
http://store.oracle.com ... click on CD packs and get the CDs

bookmark:

http://tahiti.oracle.com
http://asktom.oracle.com
http://docs.oracle.com
http://www.psoug.org

Buy some good books. I'll personally recommend anything authored by Tom Kyte or members of the Oak Table and suggest you scan this group's archives on google to find recommendations by others that post here.

Finally ... find a mentor through work or your local Oracle User Group to help you develop your skills. Also consider finding a non-profit where you can volunteer time in exchange for mentoring and experience.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
Relational theory is not something that is simply a nice-to-have.