Re: truncate table

From: <BigBoote66_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 26 May 2005 10:01:57 -0700

Interesting. Thanks for the heads up - I was not aware of this feature. It seems to be a little more intrusive than our current scheme, as it suspends all activity on the system globally; overkill as far as our application is concerned. We have several fact tables and only one at a time needs this maintenance, so there is no need to block access to the other ones while the index rebuild is taking place.

But worth knowing about for future use. Received on Thu May 26 2005 - 12:01:57 CDT