Group by year, display years as columns?

From: NetComrade <netcomradeNSPAM_at_bookexchange.net>
Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 14:56:36 GMT

All,

Is there are a way do something like?

select trunc(by_date, 'yyyy'), count(*)
from my_table
group by trunc(by_date,'yyyy')
where by_date between last_year, this_year

but to display the resultant years in columns (years will be limited, columns will be known in advance).

  1. is there are a straighforward way to do this?
  2. I recall I've read some transformation doc (how to make rows->columns) on metalink, but I can't find it

Thanks!
We use Oracle 8.1.7.4 and 9.2.0.5 on Solaris 2.7 boxes remove NSPAM to email Received on Thu May 26 2005 - 09:56:36 CDT