Performance issue on table queries on increasing size of unrelated tables

From: Oracle_crusader <impraveen_at_gmail.com>
Date: 25 May 2005 23:00:15 -0700

Hi

Im seeing an increase in my applications' DB operations time (C++/ OCI) on increasing the size of unrelated tables. The size of tables that im concerned with are not changing over a period of time, whereas the size of other tables has increased substantially in that same time frame. The other tables are contantly getting updated (insertion/deletion) and can grow upto, say 2-3 million records, and can get deleted to 1K records only and then again grow to 2-3million. I cannot understand why the size of completely unreleated tables is degrading the performace of other constant size tables.
All tables are in the same tablespace, and the tablespace contains only one large datafile.
If anyone has encountered such a situation then please let me know. Thanks... Received on Thu May 26 2005 - 01:00:15 CDT