Re: Technology Writer Looking for Network Professionals who Blog to Interview

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 22:39:55 -0700

redsox1216_at_aol.com wrote:
> I am a freelance writer for a computer magazine, and my current
> assignment is to interview "network professionals" who write
> interesting blogs. (I'm perfectly willing to reveal the name of the
> magazine once I've made contact with a good subject. I'm sure all
> network professionals will recognize it.)
>
> My editor has defined "network professional" in the following terms. If
> you don't meet the qualifications, please don't bother replying.
>
> Requirements:
>
> 1) Network professionals with jobs that specifically relate to
> following types of technology:
> LANS, WANs, network, directors of technology/IT/MIS/IS, CTOs, data
> center managers, admins of servers (or any hardware), admins of
> operating systems like Windows.
>
> 2) Avoid computer programmers, IT helpdesk, training professionals or
> technology consultants.
>
> 3)Sorry, no IT professionals that work for computer technology
> companies. These are vendors, not users. Off limits industries include
> software, computer hardware (servers/PCs, routers, switches, IT
> security appliances, etc.), semiconductors/chips, IT consulting. Highly
> technical industries other than the computer industry are fine
> (aerospace, biotech, automotive, industrial manufacturing, etc.)
>
> 4) Avoid blogs about technology opinions as these very common among our
> readers - unless there is something particularly unique about the blog
> (it's influence or angle, for instance).
>
> 5) Interview subject must agree to be named (including job title and
> company) and photographed.
>

> If you fit hte above profile and you'd like to be considered for an
> interview (just think of the added readers to your blog!) please e-mail
> me at the address below.
>
> Susan S.
> redsox1216_at_aol.com

Well a professional in our industry surely you know that all usenet groups have charters.

And certainly you know that you are obligated to read a charter and abide by it before posting.

And surely you know that a post that does not correspond with a group's charter is off-topic.

And surely you know that a post that promotes something is not only off-topic but is also considered unwelcome spam.

So please demonstrate your professionalism by:

1. Reading our group's charter
2. Apologizing
3. Reposting at comp.databases.oracle.marketplace

Thank you.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
Relational theory is not something that is simply a nice-to-have.