truncate table

From: Bullseye <no email>
Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 21:37:13 +0100

Hi!

I have a problem - Can anyone help?

I have a requirement to lock a table (to deny all write access to it), update records in another table, and then to truncate the "locked" table before allowing access to it.

The problem is that the truncate table issues a commit (which is fine) but the commit releases my lock and allows queued transactions to commit BEFORE actionning the truncate (Of it seems to!).

How can I ensure that the truncate table is executed before any other transactions are committed bu other processes?

TIA Received on Wed May 25 2005 - 15:37:13 CDT