Re: Solaris 9 and Orcale Performance Question

From: Johne_uk <edgarj_at_tiscali.co.uk>
Date: 25 May 2005 08:45:39 -0700

Hi,

Yes I checked Oracle execution and it was identical over a number of cycles. Using iostat and vmstat I noticed that one of the disks on Solaris 9 runs at almost 100% utilisation when the query is executing, whilst the Solaris 7 box barely registers. Also, the Sol 9 box is paging memory more heavily. I believe the disk setup on each server is different - the Solaris 9 box has the OS / Oracle apps files on a pair of mirrored disks and the Oracle datafiles are on RAID 5 (4 x 9GB disks).

Solaris 9 is reserving 200MB RAM for the OS whereas Sol 7 is only grabbing 100MB.

Thanks for the reply
John Received on Wed May 25 2005 - 10:45:39 CDT