Rollback Segment Question

From: rc <rc_at_spam.com>
Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 09:08:34 +0100

Hi

We use Oracle 8.1.7.4 on Solaris 8 Sparc

When the database is under heavy load i.e. 10s of thousands of record are being inserted I get a lot of 'undo header contention'.

My rollback tablespace and most of the redo logs are in a RAID 5 strip.

I have 9 rollback segments including the system one.

Would I get any improvement if I move the rbs tablespace and some of the redo logfile to a RAID 10 disk set? (sorry if this question sounds like a how log is a bit of string)

Thanks Received on Wed May 25 2005 - 03:08:34 CDT