Re: SQL*Net roundtrip

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 00:05:27 +0200

On Tue, 24 May 2005 21:42:53 +0100, Pedro Lopes <pedro.lopes_at_netvisao.pt> wrote:

>Hi all,
>How can I reduce the roundtrip of an sql statetement exectution ?
>
>I look at some documents that talk about set array size on sqlplus...
>and It works.
>
>But if I have a C++ aplication that is executing the statement.. how can
>I get bigger packets ?
>Looked for SDU (on the listener and tnsnames side), but after executing
>the explain plan the SQL*Net Rountrip stills the same.
>
>any ideias ?
>
>thanks,
>Pedro

Depends on whether you are using a Host Language Interface like Pro*C or plain OCI. In Pro*C you will have host arrays set up. You can play around with the size of those arrays.
Please be aware that in order to be efficient the total size of the array (number of elements times number of bytes in element) should be smaller than SDU.

--
Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA