Re: single quote in instr Oracle PL/SQL

From: Holger Baer <holger.baer_at_science-computing.de>
Date: Tue, 24 May 2005 12:13:20 +0200

Barbara Boehmer wrote:
> You can TRANSLATE the special characters to just one special character,
> then REPLACE that one special character with an empty string. You can
> use that method directly in SQL or create a user-defined function, as
> demonstrated below

But it's totally unnecessary. We can safely assume that there will be at least one character that's not special (else what would be so special about special characters?) . Just make sure that one 'keep' character appears in the to_string so that the last parameter is not null, and be done with it.

Cheers
Holger Received on Tue May 24 2005 - 05:13:20 CDT