Re: how to Change parameter at statement level

From: IANAL_VISTA <IANAL_Vista_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 24 May 2005 01:48:52 GMT

"chao_ping" <zhuchao_at_gmail.com> wrote in news:1116898398.168998.62670_at_z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com:

> Hi,
> Sorry for the in-complete information. OS is not related as this is
> purely oracle inside problem.
> Oracle version can be 8.1.7 or 9.2.0.
>
> The above SQL is just some sample, means I have to do a table full
> scan on remote database, and there is no index to use on that remote
> table. And I want to increase the full table scan efficiency for that
> remote table scan action.
>
> Thanks

What leads you to conclude that even if you can change some LOCAL session parameter, that this "change" will be propogated to the REMOTE database?

For example, say you enable SQL_TRACE on the local session. Do you also get/collect trace information on the remote session? I don't think so. Received on Mon May 23 2005 - 20:48:52 CDT