Help: How should i partition this table

From: joe bayer <joebayerii(no-spam)_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 23 May 2005 22:04:27 GMT

I am using oracle 92. I have a table which has two date column, begining_time, and ending_time.

The query usually is
where
begining_time > :b1
and ending_time < :b2

If i partition by beging_time, performace will degrade if :b1 gets smaller, if I partition by ending_time, the performace will degrade if :b2 gets bigger. I tried

partition by range (ending_time, starting_time), the performace seems to be worse.

Your help is highly appreciated. Received on Mon May 23 2005 - 17:04:27 CDT