Re: log writer check

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Mon, 23 May 2005 21:56:41 +0200

On 23 May 2005 10:25:20 -0700, "Eugene" <epipko_at_hotmail.com> wrote:

>Thanks for your reply.
>First I wanted to say that I am using Oracle 9i on Win2003 server.
>Sorry, I meant to say that I have a long time writing redo logs, not to
>a datafiles. I have more than one archiver. If I'd have a problem with
>archiver, wouldn't I see it there?

Please do not top post.
You would see problems in the alert (usually showing traces of a log repeatedly trying to be archived), in the ARC<n> trace files. You could of course play with various combinations of log_archive_trace. And of course everything is being tracked in v$log_history and v$archived_log.

But your claim you have 12 online redologs, and multiple archivers, and problems writing your archive logs make me very suspicious.

--
Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA