PK Index V Additional Column INdex

From: Thiko! <biwombi_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 23 May 2005 07:06:26 -0700

Hi

Having put some SQL through an EXPLAIN PLAN I can see that it is doing an INDEX RANGE SCAN using it's Primary Key index. This if fine.

However, I tested creating an index on the column in the WHERE clause and re running the query through the EXPLAIN PLAN. It showed the explain plan to be the same but just using the new index.

Would there be an advantage to having the new index created or is using the PK index in the exexution plan fine?

This table has around 34000 rows in it.

Many thanks for any advice!

Thiko! Received on Mon May 23 2005 - 09:06:26 CDT