Re: RAID

From: Joe Yong <jyongNOSPAM_at_scalabilityexperts.com>
Date: Sat, 21 May 2005 04:02:25 GMT

RAID 1+0 includes stripping. Did you mean take away stripping with parity (aka RAID 5 and the likes) problems?

What exactly do you mean by IO issues? Are you suffering flow slow reads or writes? What is the percentage of read operations vs write? Do you have physically separate spindles for the database and logs?

As you can see, there are still quite a few things to deal with besides picking a "better" RAID configuration. If you can provide more details, we may be able to offer some thoughts on how to identify and address the issues you're facing.

joe.