8.1.7 on Redhat Enterprise 3

From: Bob Marley <noway_at_nohow.com>
Date: Fri, 20 May 2005 13:54:08 -0400

i have had to install 8.1.7 on Redhat Enteprise 3. That was a feat by itself but i finally got it to run the listener and the instance, i have a database and all that seems to be running fine. my problem now is i need to import a dump file into this instance and as you know, i have to connect to the managment server. ok, i create the repository and start it and it starts fine. i can oemctrl ping oms and i get back that its running, but if i try to do oemctrl status oms, i get this:

VXA-2009: falied to bind to Oracle Managment Server: VXX-2009: could not find service context.
then a java dump

any idea on this? i have checked the listener.ora, tnsnames.ora, thats all i know about. this has been killing me for the past 2 days and i need to get it resolved.

thanks
willie Received on Fri May 20 2005 - 12:54:08 CDT