Re: Oracle vs DB2 on heavy OLTP loads

From: <dbguy456_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 20 May 2005 09:21:45 -0700

> When was the last time your DBAs actually read the Net Services
manual?
There is no such thing for DB2. As for DB2 Admin Guide (vol 1-3), even I can quote it by heart (yes, both v7 and v8 ones), and I'm far from being a DBA. As for 'overabundance of confidence' - as _all_ the problems we weren't able to solve ourselves were acknowledged as product problems, some level of confidence seems to be somewhat justified, doesn't it? Received on Fri May 20 2005 - 11:21:45 CDT