Re: rollback per transaction% - Statspack

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Fri, 20 May 2005 15:28:07 +0200

On 20 May 2005 06:13:00 -0700, "Thiru" <WantedToBeDBA_at_gmail.com> wrote:

>Hi Sybrand Bakker,
> I have a doubt.. In some previous test, we have executed only read
>only transactions. In that case also we have encountering about 99.9%
>rollback.. How come this is possible??
>
>Sorry for putting the words "Expecting Quick reply"..
>
>Thiru.

I'm not sure I don't have access to the actual code. However, it really doesn't matter if you end a read only transaction with commit or rollback.
Apparently this was an attempt to make Oracle behave like Sqlserver. This attempt is bound to fail.
In Oracle readers don't block writers and read only transactions should be an exception, not the rule.

--
Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA