Re: Unable to Shutdown the Database

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Fri, 20 May 2005 14:42:02 +0200

On 20 May 2005 00:05:00 -0700, "rbs" <rbs100_at_gmail.com> wrote:

>We have a Oracle Database version 9.2. When we tried to shutdown
>immediate the database we got the message
>

>SQL> ORA-01013: user requested cancel of current operation
>SQL> ORA-01081: cannot start already-running ORACLE - shut it down
>first
>

>This is the message which we got in the alert file of the database.
>

>SHUTDOWN: waiting for active calls to complete.
>Sun May 15 10:02:18 2005
>SHUTDOWN: Active sessions prevent database close operation
>Starting ORACLE instance (normal)
>Sun May 15 10:02:19 2005
>
>Can anybody tell why we are not able to shut down the database
>
>Thank you,
>RBS
Possible options: PMON cleaning up processes, active jobs in the dba_job_queus, or advanced queing operations. The job queue can be stopped by
alter system set job_queue_processes = 0 and the advanced queue mechanism can be stopped by alter system set aq_tm_processes = 0

The active of the job queue is recorded in *SNP*.trc files in the bdump directory.

--
Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA