Re: Oracle vs DB2 on heavy OLTP loads

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 11:51:09 -0700

Serge Rielau wrote:

> It's noted that O10gR2 requires "guts" and I'm sure Mark T. can give you
> the current level of penetration of O10g.

What Mark T. would probably say is that 10gR2 is still Beta and has yet to be released.

Assuming you actually meant R1 the difference is that 10gR1 was as or more stable as 9iR2 the day it was released. DB2 8.2 appears to be an untreated inflammation if the posters at c.d.ibm-db2 are to be believed.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
http://www.psoug.org