Re: RAC on Mac News

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Tue, 17 May 2005 13:48:54 -0700

Niall Litchfield wrote:

> Apple have a very nice IDE RAID array - XSERVE RAID - which I believe
> is pretty good.

What is most interesting about it is the dual XOR engines. It has given us RAID5 within a few percentage points, in performance, from RAID0. And it has given us rebuilds in degraded mode with only a 5-20% cost. I'd agree: Pretty good. ;-)

Now can we change the subject so it doesn't seem like I am proselytizing? Or perhaps move specific questions about it to c.d.o.marketplace. I made a promise and I'd like to keep it.

Thanks.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
http://www.psoug.org