Re: Startup Error

From: Rauf Sarwar <rs_arwar_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 17 May 2005 10:03:00 -0700

Please do not top post.

Use the 2nd option to create the controlfile i.e. RESETLOGS NOARCHIVELOG. To test this on my local database. I backup the control file to trace then shutdown immediate, delete all redo logs, delete all control files, delete temp datafile and then recreate the control file afterwards.

SQL> alter database backup controlfile to trace;

Database altered.

SQL> shutdown immediate
Database closed.
Database dismounted.
ORACLE instance shut down.
SQL> host del /q E:\....\TEMP01.DBF

SQL> host del /q E:\....\ctlfile\*.*

SQL> host del /q E:\....\redologs\*.*

SQL> STARTUP NOMOUNT
ORACLE instance started.

Total System Global Area 134217728 bytes

Fixed Size                   787808 bytes
Variable Size              49281696 bytes
Database Buffers           83886080 bytes
Redo Buffers                 262144 bytes
SQL> CREATE CONTROLFILE REUSE DATABASE "TEST101" RESETLOGS NOARCHIVELOG

 26 ;

Control file created.

SQL> ALTER DATABASE OPEN RESETLOGS; Database altered.

SQL> ALTER TABLESPACE TEMP ADD TEMPFILE 'E:\....\TEMP01.DBF'   2 SIZE 26214400 REUSE AUTOEXTEND OFF; Tablespace altered.

SQL> Regards
/Rauf Received on Tue May 17 2005 - 12:03:00 CDT