Re: UTL.FILE

From: Frank van Bortel <frank.van.bortel_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 17 May 2005 17:17:16 +0200

Alamelu wrote:
> I have a file that has patient data. The file contains multiple
> patients. A patients has multiple records I want to process patient by
> patient. I know of a way that I can read and write simultaneously.
> How can I dead and put it in a temp space and process it and then read
> the remaining.

The same way one should process external feeds into any production system:

1) read your data
2) verify data within Oracle
3) process data, and merge/move into production tables

Your answer lies in steps 2 and 3:
sort before processing (for i in (select ... order by patient) loop process).

--
Regards,
Frank van Bortel