Oracle ODBC and parameter datatypes via Delphi

From: Martijn Tonies <m.tonies_at_upscene-removethis.nospam.com>
Date: Tue, 17 May 2005 15:30:07 +0200

Hello all,

I ran into a problem when using Delphi (ODBCExpress components) - it seems to
return the wrong datatype. I also downloaded the latest ODBC driver, but the issue
seems to be still existing.

How to reproduce:

On Oracle:

CREATE TABLE NGV_USER_HISTORY
(

  HISTCOUNTER    VARCHAR2(36)              NOT NULL,
  USERID         VARCHAR2(25),
  TYPE           VARCHAR2(15),

  STARTDATETIME DATE,
  ENDDATETIME DATE
)

Next, use a TOEQuery and attach it to a ThDBC which is connected via a system DSN (if it doesn't return parameter datatypes, then this isn't the case, somehow).

Put this query in the TOEQuery:

insert into SCOTT.NGV_USER_HISTORY (HISTCOUNTER, USERID, TYPE, STARTDATETIME,

              ENDDATETIME)
              values ( :hist, :userid, :type, :startdt, :enddt)

Next, check the Params property.

You can see "enddt" defined as ftString and "type" as ftDateTime - which is wrong in both cases.

I also checked with the ODBCExpress components vendor - he thinks it's an Oracle ODBC driver error.

Did anyone encounter this before?

--

With regards,

Martijn Tonies
Database Workbench - developer tool for InterBase, Firebird, MySQL & MS SQL Server
Upscene Productions
http://www.upscene.com

--

With regards,

Martijn Tonies
Database Workbench - tool for InterBase, Firebird, MySQL, Oracle & MS SQL Server
Upscene Productions
http://www.upscene.com Received on Tue May 17 2005 - 08:30:07 CDT