Re: CPU usage peaks when running OS commands that does both io

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 18:16:19 -0700

SP wrote:

> "DA Morgan" <damorgan_at_psoug.org> wrote in message
>

>>SP wrote:
>>
>>> We have dev cluster in the same OS level/RDBMS level and doesn't have
>
> the
>

>>>IO
>>>
>>>issue...I would want to hear more from the experts...
>>>
>>>SP
>>
>>Not sure that I understand the above ... but in the future please do not
>>top-post.
>>
>>The solution to your problem is quite simple and Oracle support has been
>>giving out this advice for quite some time ... don't run RAC on 2.1. It
>>is just that simple.
>>--
>>Daniel A. Morgan
>>http://www.psoug.org
>>damorgan_at_x.washington.edu
>>(replace x with u to respond)
>

> We were never adviced by Oracle support not to run RAC on 2.1.
> RAC 9.2 on RH 2.1 is certified by Oracle.
> Thanks,
> SP

Does that mean you are in Florida and the company makes things out of plastic? ;-)

Well if they didn't advise it they said they did. Anyway while Oracle is certified on 2.1 the reality is that RAC is far happier, as are Oracle's customers on 3.0 with the latest service patches. So unless you are being paid by the hour ... upgrade Redhat.