Re: Anyone using a IBM DS400 with Oracle?

From: Josha <jblatt_at_harvard.edu>
Date: 16 May 2005 17:42:29 -0700

The DS400 *is* about storage (Did you think I meant AS400?). DS400 is their "entry level" SCSI to FC SAN. I can get the box without disks for around $5k so from what I can tell it is substantially cheaper than equivelent EMC or NetApp.

One would think that if it worked as a SAN it would work for RAC but there's been enough stories to the contrary to make it worth asking. Particularly if IBMs own salespeople have doubts about it! Received on Mon May 16 2005 - 19:42:29 CDT