Re: RAC on Mac News

From: psoug <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Sun, 15 May 2005 09:05:28 -0700

HansF wrote:
> On Sun, 15 May 2005 09:40:03 +0200, Michel Cadot interested us by writing:
>

>>Is this not spam?
>>

> This runs along a very fine line between SPAM and general information. If
> there was any solicitation implied, I would agree (and including the
> pointer to pictures comes close to soliciting.)
>
> The biggest argument against this being spam is that PSOUG is an
> organization primarily intended to assist people with Oracle, similar to
> this newsgroup.

I gave it very careful thought specifically because I have been the one to draw the harshest line-in-the-sand about spamming these groups. You will note that no company's names are mentioned, no contact information is provided, etc. This was done intentionally so that the information could be passed to those interested in options around Oracle RAC without crossing the line.

Any messages specifically promoting any product or service will always be posted at c.d.o.marketplace.

And for those that don't know this ... I own a consulting company ... the name of which has never been mentioned here, never even been mentioned at a PSOUG user group meeting, and I do so specifically to maintain the integrity of not mixing business with education. My signature, below, could for example, reference my company: It doesn't.

Daniel A. Morgan
http://www.psoug.org
damorgan_at_x.washington.edu
(replace x with u to respond) Received on Sun May 15 2005 - 11:05:28 CDT