Re: Calling in the Cavalry - Hanging 8i database

From: IANAL_VISTA <IANAL_Vista_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 15 May 2005 15:25:40 GMT

"Johne_uk" <edgarj_at_tiscali.co.uk> wrote in news:1116169305.659772.114190_at_g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

> I also forgot to add that, when the hanging occurs, the listener also
> does not respond and needs to be killed / restarted. No entries in
> listener.log

I am not surprised that there are no new log entries in listener.log. However, I suspect that happens simply because the database can't/won't/doesn't accept any new connections.

How is security handled for this application? If the application has its own "security tables" which control who has access to which objects, then access to these table(s) could be a bottleneck or even a complete logjam. Received on Sun May 15 2005 - 10:25:40 CDT