RAC on Mac News

From: psoug <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Sat, 14 May 2005 23:42:57 -0700

One of the Puget Sound Oracle User Group's members, Kent Stroker, has now built the largest RAC on Mac cluster on the planet, TTBMK.

Pictures of the 5 node cluster can be seen at http://www.psoug.org. click on RAC on Mac news.

This is the second commercial cluster built in two weeks. The first, a 2 node cluster was built in Washington state for a major public utility. This latest one is in Florida.

I am unable to disclose the benchmarks but can definitely say that this 5 node cluster's performance beats any comparably sized cluster we have ever seen. And by a very wide margin.

Daniel A. Morgan
damorgan_at_x.washington.edu
http://www.psoug.org
(replace the x with a u to respond) Received on Sun May 15 2005 - 01:42:57 CDT