Quick Question - 8i Listener

From: Johne_uk <edgarj_at_tiscali.co.uk>
Date: 14 May 2005 16:09:35 -0700

Just a quick question for the experts.

Last week I had to shutdown abort a database instance. I then killed the listener unix process and restarted the dbase. When I restarted the listener and typed 'lsnrctl stat' it took several minutes before the listener displayed an entry for my actual instance (although the listener was running for extproc).

Question is, will a listner only become active for an instance once the instance has receovered itself from the online redo logs (as I had to use shutdown abort for a hung database).

FYI Oracle 8.1.7.4. running on Solaris 7.

Thanks in advance
regards
John Received on Sat May 14 2005 - 18:09:35 CDT