Re: Dynamice SQL in Oracle

From: Maxim Demenko <mdemenko_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 13 May 2005 22:44:41 +0200

DA Morgan schrieb:
> Maxim Demenko wrote:
>

>> As the table t was created with execute immediate, he didn't have
>> another choice ;-)
>>
>> Best regards
>>
>> Maxim

> Actually he did. Anyone creating a table using EXECUTE IMMEDIATE has
> a choice.
>
> The choice to not try to kludge SQL Server habits into Oracle and
> to do their DDL according to "best practices" using global
> temporary tables.
>
> What is, in effect, being said here is: "If I do something stupid
> it doesn't work." And on that I will agree.

What you wrote is just context substitution of my posting. It is obvious, that there are "always" a choise between static sql and dynamic sql. It is obvious that static sql is mostly to prefer ( at least on Oracle databases). The meaning of my remark was: If you create a table within an plsql block by dynamic sql and you *have* to do an insert in *this* table in the *same* block - you have no another choice as to do it by dynamic sql too - as contradiction to previous posting. If my message was unambiguously, i'm sorry, i'll try to improve my english.

Best regards

Maxim Received on Fri May 13 2005 - 15:44:41 CDT