Re: VXFS an create datafile

From: NetComrade <netcomradeNSPAM_at_bookexchange.net>
Date: Fri, 13 May 2005 19:49:59 GMT

We've encountered a bug where we had to disable async IO recently.. Database performance with vxfs became painless.. Simulate async IO with Oracle's dbwr_io_slaves.

As Sybbrand noted, you need database Edition to enable async (qio/odm on veritas side)

-A

On Fri, 13 May 2005 19:39:58 +0200, Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl> wrote:

>On 13 May 2005 02:58:05 -0700, ylecornec_at_hotmail.com wrote:
>
>>discovered_direct_io seems to have a very strange behavior...has
>>someone already noticed this behaviour, and understand what happens?
>
>Standard Vxfs doesn't support async IO. If you have async_io enabled
>in the database, Oracle will issue KAIO calls. They will fail and
>Oracle will automatically fall back into issuing an ordinary pwrite.
>This is the behavior you are observing.
>You need to find a bunch of $$ and buy Veritas Database Edition to
>resolve this, or disable async io.
>

>--
>Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

We use Oracle 8.1.7.4 and 9.2.0.5 on Solaris 2.7 boxes remove NSPAM to email Received on Fri May 13 2005 - 14:49:59 CDT