Re: inserting data from a file

From: Vince <vincent_at_>
Date: Fri, 13 May 2005 16:56:49 +0200

On Tue, 10 May 2005 16:15:03 GMT, "Preston Kemp" <dontwantany_at_nowhere.invalid> wrote:

>lbunet_at_yahoo.com wrote:
>

>> Vince wrote:
>> > Hello there!
>> >
>> > I would like to mass load data from file to table..
>> > is there any way such as 'bulk insert' in sqlServer ?
>> >
>> > thanks a lot :)
>> > ++
>> > Vince
>>
>> exec master..xp_cmdshell 'bcp {database}..{table} in
>> c:\{File_w_Data}-c -S{ServerName} -U{Username} -P{User's password}'
>>
>> You can also user BULK INSERT (See BOL for syntax).
>>
>> In the future, please post to the appropriate group
>> (comp.databases.ms-sqlserver).
>
>I think he did post to the appropriate group - I read it as 'is there
>an equivalent to SQL Server's bulk insert command in Oracle'.

yes...sorry if my english is a bit poor.. But, yes, I wondered if there is an equivalent of 'bulk insert' of SQLServer, I mean, not an external program that we run such as sql*loader but a sql statement for oracle to load data into table from files.

thanks.
Vince. Received on Fri May 13 2005 - 09:56:49 CDT