simple sql question - delete

From: Ian <estacey_at_chariot.net.ZZ>
Date: Fri, 13 May 2005 00:24:13 +0930

Hi,
I have a number of tables which I wany to delete rows based on a condition. However, one or two of the tables may have multiple rows. eg DELETE TABLE1 TABLE2 TABLE3 TABLE4

    WHERE EMPID = 'ABCD1234'
The problem is that table1 and table3 have multiple rows that match the where condition - which causes an error.

Can anyone please suggest the most efficient sytntax for doing this. I can always do seperate delete sql statements for each table - which works. But is there a more efficient way? I woullike to keep the number of statements to a minimum as the potentially could be a large number of tables effected.
regards

ps rchange the ZZ to au if direct reply in email Received on Thu May 12 2005 - 09:54:13 CDT