OEM for iAS Application Server Control - Wrong Status Display

From: Eric <ericswebber_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 12 May 2005 06:53:21 -0700

Good Day:

Product: Oracle Enterprise Manager for iAS - Application Server Control

Product Version: 10.1.2.0.0

Platform: Microsoft Windows 2000 SP4

Abstract:

DIAGNOSTICS/STATUS BEING DISPLAYED ARE NOT ALWAYS ACCURATE
### Detailed Problem Statement: ###

OEM Application Server Control is supposed to display various status and diagnostics information on its console, yet in our case it gives us information which is often erroneous.

For example it tells us that certain servers are down which are clearly up, and will not give us accurate status, start times, usages information as well.

For example

CPU Usage

The underlying data for the CPU usage graph is not yet available.

Memory Usage

The underlying data for the memory usage graph is not yet available.

Or, it will say apps are down that are clearly up...

### Known recent changes to your computer environment: ###

The only thing that seems to even slightly correlate might be the use of Log loader, Log4j, and multiple homes ? Not really sure at all but we would like to see accurate status information on this otherwise wonderful tool.

best regards,

Contact me via : E-mail -> ewebber_at_sjrwmd.com Received on Thu May 12 2005 - 08:53:21 CDT