Re: Why is partition pruning not being done in the following query?

From: Joel Garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 11 May 2005 13:40:04 -0700

"Joel Garry" <joel-garry_at_home.com> wrote:

>http://metalink.oracle.com/metalink/plsql/ml2_documents.showNOT?p_id=283897.1&p
> >_showHeader=1&p_showHelp=1#QPERF
> >maybe bug 3400412 (or you never know, sometimes things similar get
> >mysteriously fixed... or broken).
> >
> >jg
> don't have access to metalink. what is the gist of article?

That would be the bug fix list for 9206. I suggest you buy support - I assumed you had it since you were not at 9201 IIRC. If it is a matter of only your DBA has access and you are just a poor developer trying to fix a problem, well, See Your DBA and tell him to look at document 3400412.8. Bug 3400412 (CBO picks more expensive hash join without pruning than cheaper nested loops with pruning) sounds similar to your OP, but you would perhaps need to test with the help of support to be sure, or upgrade your test system to see if your issue goes away.

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
Yes, Joshi, Delta Airlines is more interesting.