Re: Working with a local DB with OracleClient?

From: Fabio <corso0web_at_NOSPAMquipo.it>
Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 14:39:33 GMT

I'm attaching my tnsnames.ora.

Thank you in advance, Fabio

"Frank van Bortel" <fvanbortel_at_netscape.net> ha scritto nel messaggio news:d5su9k$ckh$1_at_news1.zwoll1.ov.home.nl...
> Fabio wrote:
> > Is it possible to create a db on my local machine and to connect to it
with
> > the only full Oracle Client version?
> >
> > My Oracle Client version is 8.1.7 and if i attempt to connect to it i
obtain
> > the following error:
> >
> > ORA-12541: TNS No listener
> >
> > My Oracle Listener Service are started.
> >
> > For me, it's possible and i try to modify listner.ora on my Oracle Home
> > Directory, but... error.
> >
> > Thank you in advance.
> >

> Post your tnsnames.ora - it probably has the wrong host name.
>
> --
> Regards,
> Frank van Bortel

begin 666 tnsnames.ora

M#0I.4TU?3$]#02 ]#0H@("A$15-#4DE05$E/3B ]#0H@(" @*$%$1%)%4U-?
M3$E35" ]#0H@(" @(" H041$4D534R ]("A04D]43T-/3" ](%1#4"DH2$]3
M5" ]($U90T]-4%5415(I*%!/4E0@/2 Q-3(Q*2D-"B @(" I#0H@(" @*$-/
M3DY%0U1?1$%402 ]("A3240@/2!/4D-,*2A315)615(@/2!$141)0T%4140I &*0T*(" I
`
end Received on Wed May 11 2005 - 09:39:33 CDT