Convert varchar2 -> BLOB

From: Jeremy <newspostings_at_hazelweb.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 12:37:00 +0100

Platform: Oracle 9ir2 on Solaris 9

Hi folks what is the easiest way to do this?

We are using UTL_HTTP.REQUEST_PIECES to retrieve whatever is at the end of a URL. This may be an HTML doc or perhaps a PDF or MS Word doc.

1st question actually is: can we get binary data using this interface?

2nd question: what is easiest way of converting the stream of data that we receive into a BLOB so that we can then reconstruct the original file?

--

jeremy