v$ views and control files

From: John <jbradshaw777_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 9 May 2005 20:46:17 -0700

Hi all,

A statement in an ORACLE book really baffles me.

"The information for a dynamic performance view is gathered from the control file"

Can anybody tell me how the stuff in, say, v$sqlarea can be gathered from(and thereby, of course, stored in) the control file?

John Received on Mon May 09 2005 - 22:46:17 CDT