TOAD tablespace-map?

From: grz02 <grz01_at_spray.se>
Date: 9 May 2005 05:41:28 -0700

Hi,

I recently tried to use the view "DBA/Tablespace Map" in TOAD, but I am not sure how to interpret this screen.

What puzzles me is:
e.g. that we have a tablespace that by
dba_extents and dba_segments is 80% full. It also shows in TOAD "DBA/Tablespaces" view as 80% full.

But when you look in the "Tablespace Map", the green area (used space) is only 30% while the rest of the area is white (free space).

Same thing with several different tablespaces, they show much more free % in the "Tablespace Map" than there actually is.

Anyone has a clue? How do you read this "Tablespace Map"? Not much help from the helpfile either...