"Prevent" ora-60 deadlocks: impossible OK ?

From: Spendius <spendius_at_muchomail.com>
Date: 9 May 2005 01:15:30 -0700

Hi,
We've had ORA-00060 "deadlock detected" messages several times for a few days in one of our apps here, and the other day an angry and annoying developer came to insult and bury us with much gesticulating, then quit our cubicle saying we were w**kers and incompetent etc etc. He got angry because he supported we DBAs should be able to *detect* and thus prevent or avoid such problems with this application, and we replied we can't, but only notice the trouble once ORA-00060 has occured and its trc file has been yielded by Oracle: this is what he couldn't accept and what caused his reaction. My question is: how could I *prove* this fathermocker we CAN NOT in advance anticipate ORA-00060's ? Or is there a way to do so actually ? (I doubt it because it's not what shows up as evident from the Metalink notes I read)
Thanks. Received on Mon May 09 2005 - 03:15:30 CDT