Oracle : ORA01410-invalid ROWID error

From: <jani.vivek_at_gmail.com>
Date: 9 May 2005 00:35:05 -0700

Hi all,

I know this topic has been there in Google Groups many times but I could not find a solution my problem could relate to.

We have a scheduled job(perl file) running that selects some data from a db and updates the same in another db. The job actually consists of updating features corresponding to 206 ids(one of the columns). Now the job is failing randomly with the ORA-01410-invalid ROWID error and it is failing on a select query which is operating on 6 views. The select query is as follows:

SELECT DISTINCT           UPPER(RTRIM(i.image_name || '.'|| i.major_release_number || r.maintenance || r.mrenumber || '.' ||r.ed_designator || r.ed_renumber,' .')) fusion_image_name,

          TRIM(UPPER(i.major_release_number)) || TRIM(UPPER(r.ed_designator)) train,

          TRIM(UPPER(r.maintenance)),
          TRIM(UPPER(f.feature_name)),
          TRIM(UPPER(p.platform_name)),
          TRIM(UPPER(i.feature_set_name)),
          TRIM(UPPER(REPLACE(fsd.feature_set_desc,' ')))
            FROM  sa_platform_view p,
                  sa_feature_availability_view fa,
                  sa_image_view i,
                  sa_feature_view f,
                  sa_release_view r,
                  sa_feature_set_desc_view fsd
                WHERE p.platform_id = ?
                      AND fa.platform_id = p.platform_id
                      AND fa.feature_id = f.feature_id
                      AND fa.feature_set_desc_id =
fsd.feature_set_desc_id
                      AND fa.image_id = i.image_id
                      AND i.release_number_id =  r.release_number_id

The job runs this select query 206 times for 206 different platform ids and updates whatever records it fetches to the other db. The job fails at any random platform id. I know that invalid ROWID occurs when two processes are trying to update/delete/insert the same record at same time but that doesn't seem to be the case here since our job just does a select on the views from the first db.

Please suggest the possible reasons for this error in the view context as soon as possible.
Thanks in Advance,

Vivek Jani Received on Mon May 09 2005 - 02:35:05 CDT