Re: directio and async io on redhat linux 3 and oracle 9i

From: chao_ping <zhuchao_at_gmail.com>
Date: 8 May 2005 07:26:43 -0700

By the way, does any one know how to verify the directio on solaris ufs via filesystemio_options?

If we enable forcedirectio with mount option, we can verify it via mount command.
But How to veriify it if we enable it at oracle level, via the filesystemio_options?

I tried pfile/truuss, can't find it is using o_direct option. But with and without directio option, I do see BIG performance while I was doing import test.

Thanks
Chao Received on Sun May 08 2005 - 09:26:43 CDT