directio and async io on redhat linux 3 and oracle 9i

From: <hrishy_at_gmail.com>
Date: 6 May 2005 23:54:01 -0700

Hi Folks

I have enabled directio and async io on my redhat box.

Async io is verified by running the classical cat /etc/proc/slabinfo|grep kio

How do i verify direct io is being used by oracle.

I know of one way to do it is tracing the dbwr and seeing whether fopen call is with o_direct flags.But the strange thing is when i say

sqlplus>conn /as sysdba;

sqlplus>oradebug setospid <<ospid-of-dbwriter>>

no trace file is being produced.Can somebody tell me what magic needs to be done by me :-)

regards
Hrishy Received on Sat May 07 2005 - 01:54:01 CDT