Re: what made the difference?

From: Eugene <epipko_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 6 May 2005 13:26:46 -0700

Thanks all for your replies,
I am using Oracle 9i on Win2003 server.
The first column has the same value simply because we don't have any other values to populate it with, but other companies do. An example would be: warehouse_id. We have one (81), but others may have many (10, 15, 20,....). We are talking about packaged app and we can't remove the columns from it. Actually we don't want to remove that column as we may have more values later on.
I don't have an execution plan from prior index (col1,col2,col3) but I remember that it wasn't FTS for sure. Actually both execution paths are the same, but for some reason later version is much faster.

Eugene Received on Fri May 06 2005 - 15:26:46 CDT